Grants from the trust
One-off grants are made by the Trust and depend on the annual level of funds available. The types of charitable support, based on the objects of the Trust are in 3 categories of applicant and area of activity, as follows:
General Cases – Financial Hardship
1. Existing Engineers’ Company Members, retired Members, or, the wives, husbands, widows, widowers, children, orphans and others depending on them can be considered for the relief of hardship.
Support of the City of London
1. Organisations and individual charities that further the interest of the history, traditions and customs of the City of London can be supported.
2. The Lord Mayor, Alderman and Corporation of the City of London in all matters relevant to life of the City of London including especially any charitable activities with relevance to ‘engineering’ can be considered.
Support of other Engineering Activity
1. Applications can be made from charitable organisations with a strong history or ethos of engineering, for initiatives that promote the advancement of the science, art and practise of engineering.
2. The Company is a Patron of RedR UK – Charity Number 1079752 – Formerly Engineers for Disaster Relief and now ‘helping rebuild lives in times of disaster’. The Company provides a regular donation to RedR UK and offers support within the City of London and though its membership to the Charity’s activities. Click here for full details of RedR UK www.redr.org.uk
Application for Charitable Support Grant
There is no standard application form for grants from the Trust. Applications can be made in writing in any format to: The Clerk to the Trustees, The Worshipful Company of Engineers Charitable Trust Fund, Ironmongers’ Hall, Shaftesbury Place, Barbican, London EC2V 8AA, or telephone: +44(0) 20 7726 4830, or e-mail email@example.com